Friday, April 6, 2012
I meant to take several days off work but that didn't happen. However, without having all the evening activities this week, it still feels like a vacation. I've had so much more time at home to cook, organize and paint and now I have three days off in a row! I do have to clean and cook for Easter, but other than that, nothing on the agenda. Yea!
I may sign up for the new 21 secrets this weekend. I'm ready for new projects. I finally finished my 2011 art journal. I now know better than to put a year on the cover.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
While things are coming to life around here finally, maybe my blog will too?
Thankfully, art has not been dormant in my life, only the blogging aspect. Things I'm currently working on:
- Painted an awesome curtain rod for my bottle cap curtain - after a clear coat or two it should be ready to hang by Saturday
- My bottle cap curtain - I'm so lucky to have so many friends willing to have a beer or bottled root beer and pass along their caps to me! And because they know what I'm doing, they are trying new beers with interesting caps. After all, it's good to try new things!
- Working in my journal
- Painting with acrylics. My daughter is in art club and art class at school. She is soooo happy and has discovered painting on canvas with acrylics. I just ordered 2 dozen 4x4 acrylic boards from Dick Blick for a ridiculously low price and they arrived yesterday. My son (15) even got into the fun and painted a very cool design in black and green on one. And this all started with art club needing more cheap canvases. Yeah! They will get 24 larger size canvas boards but we're keeping the small ones for us.
- Art on Saturday will involve Easter eggs! Can't wait. Yes, I'm just a big kid.
- And try new recipes (cooking counts as art to me). I found this fabulous new (to me) blog that has healthy and delicious looking recipes. The Chili Lime Chicken Burgers were a hit and I'm looking forward to trying more at Iowa Girl Eats.