Monday, December 29, 2008

Sew I've been taking a bit of a break from blogging...

The holidays have come and overwhelmed all my normal activity. However, I have remained creative, although in a different way. Now my creativity is making itself apparent in cooking (a definite art), decorating for company, wrapping gifts (another art) and sewing.

Yes, sewing. I haven't done it in ages for anything other than a repair. Now I'm hooked again and having SEW much fun! This weekend I made three sets of pajamas for American Girl dolls. They were (you guessed it) SEW CUTE!!!

I also got some fun art toys for Christmas that I will be using in my sketchbooks. New pens, a water brush and a few watercolor pencils in colors I didn't have already. I also got Danny Gregory's An Illustrated Life which I have been savoring daily. It is a lovely book for any artist or aspiring journal maker. I know I'll get back to sketching soon since it is much more portable than a sewing machine.

In the meantime, happy stitching!
Extreme Sewing

No comments: