Monday, July 23, 2012

Images from the Summer...

  by ktes750
, a photo by ktes750 on Flickr.

It's been so incredibly busy that I haven't taken the time to post. Again I tried and failed at the Index Card a Day. I've also joined the Artists Way facebook group and have not participated as much as I'd hoped. However, I'm choosing to look at all the things I have done and not those I haven't.

I've managed to cram art into a weekend up north, evenings at home and sketching on the go in my trusty moleskine. I almost always manage to "draw the sermon" during church. I'm on a roll with embroidery, have almost made a skirt for Erin (need to hem) and managed an 8x10 canvas for our anniversary (not quite finished - needs something yet).

If anyone can tell me the key to having a consistent art habit or doing the morning pages consistently, I'd love to hear it. My guess though is that I need to make those things a priority and that is so difficult when there are dragonflies on the porch that need photographing, a hammock, books, fishing, traveling, biking, canoeing, cooking, laundry, work, sleep... Maybe I need to give up sleep.

No comments: