Wednesday, April 1, 2009

International Fake Journal Month

So, today is the first Day of April and also the first day of "International Fake Journal Month." Mike and I have decided to have fun with this together. While I was considering my options he just couldn't resist and we've both decided to spend the month in Aix-en-Provence. He picked out his new journal last Friday night at Borders. Since he's a writer, he picked a nice sized lined moleskine that came in a pack of three. I guess he'll find another way to use the other two. I ordered a lovely fold out Maruman sketchbook. I've always wanted to try one. I picked up a pack of Sanguine (love that name) pitt pens and am planning to use real watercolors (not just the pencils I tend to carry with me). Now, off we go...


And a little bit of fun in my real journal, though again, not much sketching from real life going on at the moment. This first one is cheapo markers, something I've never used in my journal before but I liked the brightness of the yellow.


"Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes and annual free trip around the sun." This was inspired by an quote (origin unknown) in "The Awe-manac" by Jill Badonsky. This has me stuck with Monty Python's "Galaxy song" in my head.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving

And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,

That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,

A sun that is the source of all our power.

The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see

Are moving at a million miles a day

In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,

Of the galaxy we call the "Milky Way".



2 comments:

K said...

Kirstin: I see you’re in Michigan too! What area of Michigan? I'm in southeast MI by Toledo. How great that you’re involved in the Fake Journal project on EDM!

aimee said...

the fake journal concept is absolutely fabulous! i love your journal page of the trip, even if it was only in your head! never thought about doing this. hilarious!