Saturday, February 6, 2010

Arty Christmas Gifts

I received several pieces of art for Christmas. This is the corner of my dining room. The picture of the blue flower with the red background is an Erin original. The coffee print on the bottom is from Aimee at Artsyville. The other coffee print is from a garage sale. The other two prints are the new ones.


Erin picked this one out from one of my favorite artists. I follow Genine's blog online and enjoy all her art. Erin and I watched a lovely video of her creating one of her pieces. That is where she hatched the idea of purchasing on for me for Christmas. Michael helped Erin to pick this out and order it for me. I love it!


And this lovely art is from my good friend Sarah. She spent almost a year creating it! First, she picked out and ordered seeds. Then she planted them and cared for them. Then she harvested and took these beautiful photos, printed them out and created this lovely collage of photos.

Unfortunately, my photos of them are not the best. I could not close the shades so my reflection appears in both of them. Getting a new dining room window shade is on the to-do list for this weekend.


No comments: