Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday Alligator

I needed a gift for a three year old for this weekend and this is what I came up with. My sister received one of these when she was a kid from my Aunt. I received a hippo from the same pattern set. This pattern has been in the family for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. Several of my cousins and now their children received stuffed critters from this pattern set. When I went through my mom's sewing stuff, I took this and a few others.

The alligator from my sister's childhood is still around and my daughter loves it. I had bought fabric to make one for her ages ago and never go around to it. My Aunt has given her her one already and I still had all the materials around, so...

ta da! The alligator! He's about three feet long.



I will also be giving her some alligator themed books - "An Extraordinary Egg" and "Wide Mouthed Frog". I hope she likes them!

No comments: