Friday, January 21, 2011

2011 Reading List


I was lucky enough to get a free book to review from Library Thing this month. It goes hand in hand with one of my 2011 goals. The book is The 60 Minute Money Workout by Ellie Kay. I've only got as far as the second chapter but am really enjoying this book so far. It isn't the type of book that you just read cover to cover. To get the most out of it, you need to actually do the work. I need to review it for Library Thing though, so my plan is to read it cover to cover, and then go back and start working on it.
Other books on my list for this year include:
One Year to an Organized Financial Life by Regina Leeds
One Year to an Organized Life by Regina Leeds (see a pattern?)
Sense and Sensability by Jane Austen
Diary of Anne Frank
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
Creative is a Verb by Patti Digh
Four Word Self Help by Patti Digh
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Katie DiCamillo
It's a weird mix, I know. My 11 year old has been trying to get me to read the Edward Tulane book since she was in first grade. She's read it about 5 times. Some of these are on here because I feel like I should read them and some are just fun reads (I hope). One is even a re-read, Glass Castle.
Tammy's list on Daisy Yellow inspired me to get my reading list down so that I don't forget. I need to add them to my Good Reads list yet but this is a start.

2 comments:

Regina Leeds said...

I'm honored to have two spots on your list!

Blessings,
Regina

S.E.Minegar said...

Looks like 2011 is the year for organization and good literature!

I am looking forward to reading about your journey!